Thursday, April 26, 2018

Boston: W is for Walking Trails

Welcome to my third year participating in the A-Z Blogging Challenge. This year's theme is BOSTON.

Today's letter is W which will showcase Walking Trails.

While I'm sure there are several walking trails around Boston, given the number of green spaces and college campuses within the city limits, I knew I couldn't showcase Boston without talking about the Freedom Trail.


This trail is a 2.5-mile trek through the city, stopping at the most prominent historic sites. You can register online for a guided tour (led by animated guides in period costume) or you can easily download a map and stroll through town at your own pace.


Park Street Church
The tour begins at the Freedom Trail Foundation
located within Boston Commons. Conveniently,
the subway stop is just a few steps away...
and this is the view as you exit the station.
If you're lucky, the chapel bells will be playing,
signaling the top of the hour.

Follow the Red Brick Road
Should you choose a DIY tour, just download the map PDF,
stop by the foundation for a free informational pamphlet,
and then follow the vertical brick pathway throughout the city.


8 comments:

  1. I love walking and would love to walk on those trails.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think cities offer lots of opportunities for walking adventures :)

      Delete
  2. That's so clever to have the walking trail marked with bricks! I think it would be fun to do the guided tour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure there is a story behind the brick markings... but I haven't researched that yet :)

      Delete
  3. It's been many years since I've done the freedom trail but it's a great walk. Weekends In Maine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really excellent post! I've done a few of Boston's tours. The city is really perfect for tourists.

    Happy A to Z.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is a pretty great city too :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails