Monday, April 9, 2018

Boston: H is for Harbor

Welcome to my third year participating in the A-Z Blogging Challenge. This year's theme is BOSTON.

Today's letter is H which will showcase the Harbor.

Granted, I did not see all of Boston. I traveled from the North End to the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum- and I spent most of my time in the Boston Commons area. So I was never far from the water. I crossed the Charles River every day ... and spent many hours in the Italian section just to the west of Boston Harbor (more on that when we review the letter N).


Cruises are offered throughout the day. I thought it might be fun
to see the city from a different vantage point ... or perhaps enjoy
a sunset cruise with a glass of champagne. But alas, the weather did
not cooperate. I was able to take an evening cruise on the
Charles River. however, and witness the rowing teams practice
for an upcoming meet.

I spent quite a bit of time on the Long Wharf
watching the nautical traffic glide along
Boston's Harbor. SO peaceful...

The view of the city from the end of
Long Wharf. I love seeing modern-day
architecture next to historical sights.
 
I am always attracted to the animals.
The seagull and I had quite the conversation...


8 comments:

  1. Any city along a river, lake or sea is a great city for me. Boston Harbor is one of my favorites :-)

    https://thethreegerbers.blogspot.ch/2018/04/h-is-for-hamburg.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree... I love the tranquility of the water :)

      Delete
  2. I love sitting on a bench near the water and just watching the boats go by. It's very relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed! (although... you do this on a far more regular basis than I do) :)

      Delete
  3. Boston Harbor is wonderful. There are a lot of boat tours up here in Portland too. There is a company that does wine tastings and they do a boat cruises that look like fun. Weekends In Maine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wine tasting on a boat tour?! I'm all in :)

      Delete
  4. I'm sure Boston keeps the river area clean. We had a time when we were in Louisville and wanted to see the Ohio river up close. It was not as I thought it would be. My thinking stemmed from our city cleaning up our river. This is an interesting series. Thank you for undertaking it for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't imagine the stench from a harbor that is not adequately cared for!
      I'm glad you are enjoying the series. Thanks so much for stopping by day after day :)

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails