Friday, April 6, 2018

Boston: F is for Frog Pond

Welcome to my third year participating in the A-Z Blogging Challenge. This year's theme is BOSTON.

Today's letter is F which will showcase Frog Pond.

Located in the heart of Boston within the famous Boston Commons, Frog Pond is a favorite spot for young and old alike. In the summer, Frog Pond becomes a spray pool to help residents cool off. In the winter, the Pond is transformed into an ice skating rink. The spring and fall offer a perfect backdrop for a tranquil reflection pool.


I visited Boston in September - a transitional month.
On this day, it was rather hot and children enjoyed wading
into the pond's lukewarm water. Later in the month, however,
temperatures cooled as the leaves showcased their autumn colors.

While you don't see too many frogs hopping about these waters,
the bronze statues welcome visitors to their favorite retreat.

I love to people watch.
This was late afternoon and school had just let out.
Many parents and children were returning home via the park.

There is also a carousel for the younger crowd.
All-in-all ... Frog Pond is a lovely place to hang out
for a few minutes or a few hours.


10 comments:

  1. I remember this! It was quiet when I was there - early in the day in May. Lovely though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I imagine Frog Pond would be a tranquil spot when school is in session :)

      Delete
  2. I've just discovered your A-Z and enjoyed frog pond. Molly you posted on my #Story Of Me Theme and I accidentally deleted it. Just wanted to apologise and let you know I enjoyed your comments. I will be back to see more of Boston

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by! I look forward to reading more of your story :)

      Delete
  3. I'm pretty sure I was there upon our very first visit to Boston. If I remember correctly I encoutnered more squirrels than frogs at the park!
    Happy Weekend!

    Returning your visit at https://thethreegerbers.blogspot.ch/2018/04/f-is-for-florence.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes... more bushy tailed critters that frogs :)

      Delete
  4. Looks like a fun place for kids. Are there actually frogs in the frog pond with all that activity?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't see any the day I was there ... too many kids splashing about :)

      Delete
  5. I love these green spaces that are here and there throughout the City. I've seen the pond, but never took the time to just sit and people watch...my loss...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH yes... people watching is one of my all-time favorite activities :) I hope you have the opportunity to return to Boston and spend some leisurely time at the pond.

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails