Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Boston: C is for Cheers

Welcome to my third year participating in the A-Z Blogging Challenge. This year's theme is BOSTON.

Today's letter is C which will showcase Cheers, the bar made famous in the 1980s sitcom with notable television characters such as Sam Malone (Ted Danson), Diane Chambers (Shelley Long), Cliff Claven (John Ratzenberger), Norm Peterson (George Wendt), and Coach (Nicholas Colasanto).

Although the series was filmed in Hollywood, the exterior shot is an authentic Boston watering hole: The Bull and Finch Pub.

Located across from the Boston Public Garden, this popular
attraction always has a line waiting to get inside. Your
best bet is to plan a late lunch (after 2:00) or an early dinner
(before 4:00) but it is definitely worth the effort.

We were lucky enough to sit in the bar... and I could just
imagine Coach shouting "NORM!" as we entered the room.

Long wait + overpriced beverage + reconnection with your past
= PRICELESS


15 comments:

  1. Wow that's a lovely info at Boston.

    Glad to have you in a to z challenge

    www.hautekutir.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd have to visit there if I ever made it to Boston.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can imagine they can charge a fortune for a beer - it's a place people want to see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't recall the prices being too extravagant (?) We had a burger and a brew :)

      Delete
  4. Ah, now there's a perfect post for the letter C in Boston. I'd probably put up with the long wait too, just for the sake of the memories.

    https://profoundjourney.com Coming Home to Myself

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We lucked out... we didn't have to wait more than five minutes and then got a booth directly across from the bar :)

      Delete
  5. Hi Molly,

    This made me smile - I grew up with Cheers - and I did not know the exterior was a real bar. Cool.

    Cheers, Jenny at Pearson Report

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved that show as well. Somehow, watching the re-runs, it's just not quite the same :)

      Delete
  6. I've lived in Boston 20 years but only went to the Bull & Finch once when a friend from out of town wanted to go there. I guess that makes me a snob. I did love the show back in the day, though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't consider that snobbish :) I'm glad I went once... but I really have no interest to go again (especially if crowded). I'd love to hear the pubs you visit and perhaps if I return to the city, I can experience a true neighborhood watering hole.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't get out to pubs as much as I did before I had kids, but one in my neighborhood of Jamaica Plain that is quite noteworthy is Doyle's Cafe. If you're interested in the Samuel Adams Brewery tour they actual run a shuttle between the brewery and Doyles.

      Delete
    2. I'd love to go on a Samuel Adams tour. Thanks for the info!!

      Delete
  8. Loved that show! Especially listening to the Boston accents! I miss "home." Been a Washington transplant now for about 15 years, although I lost my own accent as a college student...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the opposite problem. I moved from Houston to Connecticut in 6th grade. I worked hard to lose my southern accent in less than a year.

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails