Friday, April 13, 2018

Boston: L is for Library

Welcome to my third year participating in the A-Z Blogging Challenge. This year's theme is BOSTON.

Today's letter is L which will showcase the Library.

The Boston Public Library (BPL) is an institution. Even those who don't love books as much as I do will find the history and architecture amazing. But for bibliophiles like myself, the BPL is an oasis.



Copley Square: The Library is to the south... Trinity Church
to the north... and the Fairmont Copley Plaza Hotel between the two.

I took advantage of the free library tour.
Our guide was quite knowledgeable and eager
to answer any questions about his favorite institution.

Majestic marble statue ... surrounded by art.

I could live here... the quiet space... the dim lights...
the mahogany desks ... the academic vibe.

Afternoon Tea... what an elegant treat!
The menu is served in vintage hardback books
The selection of savory sandwiches and sweet treats
is perfection. The hot tea is calm and soothing.

14 comments:

  1. I loved that library. Did not take advantage of the tour, but wandered all around for the better part of a day. It was wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, tea there would be so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am SO glad I treated myself. A true respite in the middle of the week.

      Delete
  3. How cool is that! My first job was as a page in our local library. I loved it but it was nothing like this. Thanks for sharing!

    Janet’s Smiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've decided when I finally retire... I will volunteer for our local library in an effort to give back to an institution I have loved for so many years.

      Delete
  4. That afternoon tea looks scrumptious! I could live at that library too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know your "knowledgeable and eager" guide. He's on my pub trivia team.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's CRAZY coincidental!! Please tell him I adored his tour :)

      Delete
  6. The Boston Public Library is a great destination. Weekends In Maine

    ReplyDelete
  7. As a genealogist, my favorite library in Boston is the New England Historic Genealogical Society on Newbury Street!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh... I'm just now getting into genealogy. Perhaps I can schedule another trip and make sure to visit this little gem :)

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails