Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Year's Read-athon!

Oh boy - am I excited!

Kristen at Bookworming in the 21st Century is hosting a read-athon to celebrate the New Year. This is a very low key, non-stressful event that is just perfect for this English teacher who is dreading the return to school (not the return to the classroom as much as the return to grading papers -- but I digress).

This event will run from 5:00pm Thursday, December 31 to 10:00pm Sunday, January 3rd. We can read as little or as much as we want, and I hoping to read quite a bit as it will be a while before I can devote this kind of time to personal interests.

Now for those of you who are free on New Year's Eve (I will be going out with a dear friend and her husband - so reading will be out of the question, but I am sure we will be talking about books) --- Kristen is also offering the Reading in the New Year event. If you are looking for something fun to do with other literary minded people, this might be a viable for you.

Anyway, I will probably not do much reading on New Year's Eve, but I plan to do a chunk of reading on New Year's Day - and over the course of the weekend. I have several library books that I need to skim before their deadline, and I am hoping to read an Agatha Christie novel to perhaps teach at the end of the year in my Brit Lit class. There are many other options that I have at my disposal, but since this is a weekend to do as I please --- I refuse to plan too much. I will just read what suits my fancy and enjoy every single minute!!

Thanks so much, Kristen, for starting me out on the right literary foot in 2010!

7 comments:

  1. Have fun! I'll do some reading, but I'll also be watching a lot of football.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like tons of fun which I hope you're having.

    Happy New Year to you and your loved ones Molly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am celebrating with books too! Thanks for letting us know about this challenge. I am only going shopping and it will be to support my local independent bookstore. I wish you an awesome 2010 Reading Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! Thanks for the link. Good for you for getting out and enjoying a little life off the page, but home with books is not a bad place to be either. i think I'll do a bit of both!

    Michele
    SouthernCityMysteries

    ReplyDelete
  5. just stopping by to say Happy New Years.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year!

    Good luck with your reading this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea! It's been a bit too crazy today to get any reading done, but if I can ever settle on a book to start the year off, I might actually get some in tonight. I hope are able to get in lots of reading, Molly!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails