Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Teaser Tuesday: Eye of the Crow

Teaser Tuesdays is hosted by MizB and is great fun for anyone! All you need to do is:
  1. Grab your current read
  2. Open to a random page
  3. Share two teaser sentences from somewhere on the page.
I am currently reading Eye of the Crow, a YA novel by Shane Peacock about Sherlock Holmes as a young boy.
They are flying toward the oldest part of London, the city proper, the area inside London Wall, where spooky little streets wind around like snakes slithering into stone burrows. It is filled with banks these days, but it's where the Romans once lived, where the Vikings and Saxon lords ruled, where witches told gruesome tales, and wretched medieval men and women were whipped and tortured in public. (page 31)
This is a great book so far and one that I think I will suggest my 7th grade students read when we complete our mystery unit in the Spring.


5 comments:

  1. London is so fascinating - its history. Hope you'll visit my teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that I like. Let's hope your 7th graders like it - and move on to Conan-Doyle when they're a little older!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds great! I'm adding it to my wishlist. My teaser is here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice teaser! I caught my attention!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read a great review of this book at someone's blog (I can't remember who). I'm curious what you think.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails