Friday, January 8, 2010

Bloggiesta 2010 - To Do list

Are you participating in this fun fiesta activity hosted by Natasha? I had to miss the first Bloggiesta due to school deadlines, but I was thrilled to hear that a second one was scheduled after the New Year. While the official dates are today through Sunday, I actually cheated and got a jump start on my blog maintenance earlier this month. I wanted to take advantage of my extended holiday break, and did some major - and minor - changes to this online book nook. There are still a few more tweaks here and there that I would like to make before the weekend is over.

Here is a list of what I have already accomplished:
  • weed through blog roll and delete duplicate entries (due to change in blog hosting site) or inactivity
  • add tabs to header to make blog cleaner and more easily navigated (this was not nearly as difficult as I had anticipated)
  • add Link Within feature to promote further reading on my blog (piece of cake!!)
And here is a list of what I would still like to do:
  • write a post where all books read will be listed in a user friendly format (eliminate tabs for books read in 2009 and 2010; have just one tab for books read) DONE
  • streamline labels for blog entries. This was recommended by Candace at Beth Fish Reads and I think she has a good point. Right now I think my labels are too segmented and I need to broaden the scope. DONE
  • learn how to use google reader more efficiently - perhaps organize blog sites into folders DONE
  • write review for The Children's Book DONE
  • write review for Sixpence House: Lost in a Town of Books DONE
  • write review for The Case of the Missing Books
  • write review for The Housekeeper and the Professor DONE
  • write review for The Moveable Feast (I haven't finished reading this yet, but I am trying think positively)
  • think about ways I can pre-schedule posts - especially during hectic school periods.
I plan to write a follow-up post on Sunday to account for the tasks completed.

5 comments:

bermudaonion said...

Just going through the blogroll is a major accomplishment. I really need to do that.

Creations by Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Good luck! I'm doing my Bloggiesta events on my Creative Moments blog, which is at http://laurelrainsnowswonderland.wordpress.com.

I chose this one, because it's the newest.

Jenners said...

Well, you've been a busy little bee. And how exactly DID you add those tabs???? I would like to do that but don't know how. Can you direct me someplace????

Natasha @ Maw Books said...

Great job on those tabs Molly! So glad you're at the party!

Beth F said...

I've been going back and forth on the link within feature. Maybe I'll go for it too.

As you know, I love your tabs.

Related Posts with Thumbnails