Friday, January 8, 2010

Bloggiesta 2010 - To Do list

Are you participating in this fun fiesta activity hosted by Natasha? I had to miss the first Bloggiesta due to school deadlines, but I was thrilled to hear that a second one was scheduled after the New Year. While the official dates are today through Sunday, I actually cheated and got a jump start on my blog maintenance earlier this month. I wanted to take advantage of my extended holiday break, and did some major - and minor - changes to this online book nook. There are still a few more tweaks here and there that I would like to make before the weekend is over.

Here is a list of what I have already accomplished:
  • weed through blog roll and delete duplicate entries (due to change in blog hosting site) or inactivity
  • add tabs to header to make blog cleaner and more easily navigated (this was not nearly as difficult as I had anticipated)
  • add Link Within feature to promote further reading on my blog (piece of cake!!)
And here is a list of what I would still like to do:
  • write a post where all books read will be listed in a user friendly format (eliminate tabs for books read in 2009 and 2010; have just one tab for books read) DONE
  • streamline labels for blog entries. This was recommended by Candace at Beth Fish Reads and I think she has a good point. Right now I think my labels are too segmented and I need to broaden the scope. DONE
  • learn how to use google reader more efficiently - perhaps organize blog sites into folders DONE
  • write review for The Children's Book DONE
  • write review for Sixpence House: Lost in a Town of Books DONE
  • write review for The Case of the Missing Books
  • write review for The Housekeeper and the Professor DONE
  • write review for The Moveable Feast (I haven't finished reading this yet, but I am trying think positively)
  • think about ways I can pre-schedule posts - especially during hectic school periods.
I plan to write a follow-up post on Sunday to account for the tasks completed.

5 comments:

  1. Just going through the blogroll is a major accomplishment. I really need to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I'm doing my Bloggiesta events on my Creative Moments blog, which is at http://laurelrainsnowswonderland.wordpress.com.

    I chose this one, because it's the newest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you've been a busy little bee. And how exactly DID you add those tabs???? I would like to do that but don't know how. Can you direct me someplace????

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on those tabs Molly! So glad you're at the party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been going back and forth on the link within feature. Maybe I'll go for it too.

    As you know, I love your tabs.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails