Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Wordless Wednesday: Gondolas in Venice

Gondolas in line at San Marcos Square
While the weather was less than perfect - overcast, drizzly, cold - Venice exceeded all my expectations. Winding cobblestone streets surrounded by tranquil canals and colorful stucco buildings transport visitors to a distant past. The pace of life is less hectic and more relaxed. People stroll rather than rush; meals are leisurely events not just a drive through convenience; and motorized vehicles are prohibited on the island.

Gondolas are not only the quintessential tourist attraction, they are a primary mode of transportation.


* The subject for the next several Wordless Wednesday posts will focus on my recent trip to Italy in March, 2015. While this was my first visit to this beautiful country - and my husband's homeland - I guarantee it will not be last.


8 comments:

  1. Beautiful - I've always wanted to visit Venice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy - You MUST put it on your bucket list. It is the only place I have visited that actually exceeded my expectations :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Someday, somehow - I'd like to see this in person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Mr. BFR has expressed an interest in Italy....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh... BFR... with your interest in food and wine, a visit to Italy is an absolute MUST :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Jillian. Even more beautiful in person :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rebecca.... I hope some day you are able to visit Venice - it is like no other place in the world!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails