Saturday, March 28, 2009

Blushing......

I have been so blessed these last few weeks to have my blog nominated for a few awards. I think this is an activity exclusive to the blogging community: outwardly give awards and recognition to those you find endearing and certain kinship. This positive reinforcement is SO valuable: it is edifying - encouraging - supporting; it is like a little hug from your computer; it makes me WANT to improve because I know that my efforts are appreciated by others. I wonder how the "real" world might be impacted if we chose to give hard-copy awards to those that we appreciate and ask them to pass it on??

Anyway, I want properly thank those who took the time to pass long their awards to me:
Debbie at Wrighty Reads has inducted me into the Sisterhood -- I am SO excited. This award is given in order to "acknowledge the kindness and spirit of blogging." Thank you SO very much, Debbie! In passing along this award, I am asked to:

  1. Put the logo on your blog or on a post.
  2. Nominate up to 10 other bloggers which show great attitude and or gratitude.
  3. Be sure to link to your nominees within your post.
  4. Let them know that they have received this award by commenting on their blog.
  5. Remember to link to the person from whom you received your award.
Jenners at Find Your Next Book Here has been so kind as to award me the Sunshine and Lemonade Award. First of all, I just love this springtime picture - especially today when we are expected to get 4-8 inches of snow!? Secondly, if I were to put a face with the word "sunshine" - I would immediately think of Jenners. You must visit her site and look at her profile picture. It brings a smile to my face each and every day.

As I see it, the purpose of these awards is two-fold: recognition of a job well done AND willingness to pay forward that recognition. In so doing the latter, I would like to try something new. IF you are reading this blog and have yet to be nominated for any of these awards ---- consider yourself nominated!! I do not trust my brain lately - and in making a list of award recipients, I may inadvertently leave someone out. I do NOT want to be exclusive -- I want to be inclusive. Anyone who tries to maintain a blog knows that there is effort - as well as joy - involved. You deserve to know that your efforts are appreciated - and believe me, they are.

The biggest surprise in starting this blog, for me, has been the friendly sense of community that is so willingly shared. I am still in awe of the special friendships that I have formed with wonderful peopel that I have never met. Sheri at Novel Menagerie is one of those special bloggers. She awarded me - quite some time ago - the Blog Friends Award. Read the description of this award and you will know why it is so very special:
“These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award.”
I truly do consider Sheri a friend - and I am deeply touched that she thinks the same of me. There are 8 wonderful ladies that I also consider friends in this close-knit community. Their comments are always uplifting and kind. Their posts are entertaining, informational, and they are willing to share a part of their personal lives as well. Please visit their sites, if you are not already a follower, and see what I mean.

9 comments:

  1. Dear Molly, and you are very dear. I do feel that you are a friend indeed. Thank you so much for thinking of me. It really touchs my heart. I Might not get to post about this for another week or so. I want to do a consolidated awards post. I know my world has been enriched by your blog. Thanks for being there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Molly! Thank you so much for your kind words and for thinking of me. I've found the book blogging community to be open and warm, too. I've made several friends through it and include you in that group. The weather here is dark and dreary and you just brought a little sunshine to my weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much Molly! You always say such sweet things and I will admit this did help me manage to start my day with a smile. It is gray and drizzly outside, I have a sore throat and yet have a long day and night ahead of me-(BIG formal fund raising auction for work tonight that I am helping at), another pretty sick kiddo at home--the list goes on---So, thank you ,thank you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much, Molly, for this award and for your thoughtful and kind comments on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Molly. You're right. It does make my difficulty with typing seem minor when friends say they appreciate the blog and friendship. Like you, I've "met" some wonderful people through their blogs, and had the chance to meet a couple in person. It's so nice to get the chance to hug people in person. But, consider this a thank you and a hug, Molly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwwww...this is so sweet. And it cracks me up that my profile picture makes you happy! It is actually one of the only photos of myself that I like because I think it captures my goofy side. Plus I'm eating in it, which is pretty true to me. : )

    And thank you for the friendship award. I know what you mean ... it is amazing how quickly you feel such a sense of community and friendship with fellow bloggers. It was a part of blogging that I did not anticipate at all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Molly...thank you so much!! I got back home late last night and found your award this morning. It's made my return to 'reality' so much nicer. I'm honored to have you as my blog friend. Congrats on your other awards, too. I hope to get a post out by Monday.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails