Monday, March 20, 2017

2017 A-Z Blogging Challenge: Theme Reveal

While the A-Z Blogging Challenge has been around for several years, this is my second time to participate - and I am thrilled!

For those who are unfamiliar with this annual event, the challenge runs from April 1-30 and encourages bloggers to write a post a day (except for Sundays) - each day focusing on a different letter of the alphabet.

Last year my theme was Paris A-Z - to tie in with a middle grade novel I was writing that focused on the French Impressionists. (As an addendum... I did complete the first draft and am now working on revisions).

This year I will focus on another personal passion: Journaling.


I've taught a journaling class for a couple of years, which led me to write a non-fiction ebook about Journaling Towards Wholeness, which I plan to self-publish within the next two months. These blog posts will serve as an overview of that book.

While I may change these daily topics as I see fit, this is the current timeline of April's blog posts. I will provide links as they become available.

Saturday, April 1: A is for A list of supplies

Monday, April 3: B is for Brainstorming
Tuesday, April 4: C is for Compass
Wednesday, April 5: D is for Develop a Routine
Thursday, April 6: E is for Expressive Journaling
Friday, April 7: F is for Five Year Diary
Saturday, April 8: G is for Gratitude

Monday, April 10: H is for Healing
Tuesday, April 11: I is for Intuition
Wednesday, April 12: J is for Journey
Thursday, April 13: K is for Kick out the Inner Editor
Friday, April 14: L is for Love
Saturday, April 15: M is for Morning Pages

Monday, April 17: N is for Nine Writing Tips
Tuesday, April 18: O is for Organize
Wednesday, April 19: P is for Prompts
Thursday, April 20: Q is for Quotes
Friday, April 21: R is for Retreats
Saturday, April 22: S is for Stepping Stones

Monday, April 24: T is for Types of Journaling
Tuesday, April 25: U is for Underlying Themes
Wednesday, April 26: V is for Values
Thursday, April 27: W is for Wellness Wheel
Friday, April 28: X is for eXercise
Saturday, April 29: Y is for Yearly Word
Sunday, April 30: Z is for Zzzz (dreams)

There's still time to participate - if interested. You don't even have to have a theme. It is simply a great way to meet new people and develop a blogging routine.

I hope to see you back here on Saturday, April 1st. I'd love to connect with fellow journalers, or perhaps inspire some of you to give it a try.


9 comments:

  1. What a wonderful theme! I don't journal, but it's something I've toyed with from time to time. Looking forward to learning more about it through your A to Z posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you would be a great journaler! Don't worry so much about complete sentences, but rather, just getting the thoughts down on the page.

      Delete
  2. I did this for many years until I discovered blogging...look forward to your posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy blogging and journaling - bviously I'm not short on words :)

      Delete
  3. Interesting topic. I'm looking forward to picking up some tips :)

    Ros at Fangirl Stitches

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for stopping by - I hope you enjoy the series (and perhaps are inspired to journal a bit yourself)

      Delete
  4. This is fantastic. I'm really looking forward to this as I have always been someone who is interested in journaling but have never really figured it out!
    A-to-Z-er Jetgirl visiting via Forty, c'est Fantastique

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you find some useful tips and encouragement to help you try journaling again. You really have so much to write about - especially with all those trips to France :)

      Delete
  5. Hi I'm Karine from Tropical Colours. I Came across your blog through Tamara's post. Great recap! It's a great way for new readers like me to have a look through :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails