Saturday, October 24, 2009

Read-athon: 5th Post

Total hours read: 6.0 hours
Total pages read: 440 (90 since the last posting)
Total books read: 3.5
Total book reviews written: 1

Well, I have had a few breaks here and there -- mostly time spent trying to cheer fellow read-athoners on. I think the mini-challenges this fall have been so creatively wonderful - and the periodic links to 5 other blogs (most of them new to me) have been fun to read. One challenge that would have been fun to blog about - but I was unable to do so - was the collectible challenge. My husband and I used to collect cookie jars (to the tune of over 150), but alas they are currently stored in our attic and I am unable to take their photo.

I am currently reading Confections of a Closet Master Baker (not sure why I am into these culinary narratives this weekend - but they are enjoyable) by Gesine Bullock Prado (younger sister of Sandra Bullock). The book details her journey from Hollywood executive to Vermont pastry shop owner and she includes some scrumptious sounding recipes to boot. I am about half way through the book (page 91 out of 224), so I will update the blog when I finish it.

I think the hubby and I will go out to dinner this evening (he is currently cutting the grass for hopefully the last time this season) and then will have to clean up. So it will be a late dinner, which will mean an even later update.

I hope y'all are having as much fun this literary weekend as I am :)

11 comments:

  1. Sounds like a delicious day:) You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are really doing well. I can't wait to hear about the Closet Baker. That's one I think I'd like to read. Keep going and keep having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you have a wonderful dinner with your hubby, Molly. You're doing great today!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're doing great! I can't wait to see what you think of Confessions!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 3.5 books already...that's fantastic! Hope you enjoyed your dinner! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I could see your cookie jar collection, bet it's awesome. Happy readathon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw that book somewhere and it looked so yummy. I like culinary narratives as well. Hope it is good and that if you cook from it, the baked goods taste good :-) Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you're doing pretty well with your Readathon! Enjoy the dinner break :-).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you had a lovely dinner. Keep up the great work! =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you're having fun, Molly - happy reading and great job on the readathon! I added the Bullock Prado book to my tbr list because of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. A bit more to go!

    LiyanaLand!
    http://liveandbreathesmexily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails