Of course in weather like this, who wants to cook? I tend to have the hubby grill steak (if it is on sale) and chicken on Sunday afternoons, and ensure that we have enough for weekday leftovers. Chicken salad, steak nachos, and a quick vegetable stir fry are menu mainstays.
I do have a sweet tooth, however, but have no desire to heat up the kitchen by turning on the oven. We tend to eat a lot of ice cream during the month August, but every once in while I like to have something a little different. That is where this recipe fits the bill: it is an easy, no-bake pie that is light and refreshing --- the perfect accompaniment for any summer fare.
- 6 oz can lemonade concentrate - partially thawed (I like using pink for a nice festive color)
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 4.5 oz cool whip
- 9" graham cracker pie shell (store bought if ideal for this hot weather)
- Whisk together lemonade concentrate with sweetened condensed milk.
- Fold in cool whip
- Pour into graham cracker crust
- Chill at least one hour
This pie can easily be served as is, but if you desire to make it a bit more fancy, cut the pie in eighths and place a small dollop of cool whip in the middle of each slice. Cut four thin slices of lemon (leave peel on) and then cut each slice in half. Gently twist the lemon slice and place on top of the cool whip. A quick, elegant, cool, delicious summertime dessert!
For other weekend cooking ideas, please visit this post by Beth Fish Reads.