Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Preparing for BEA?

This time last year I was twittering madly every night - finding out who was going to be where at the BEA in NYC.  I had the opportunity to go and it was such an amazing experience.  Geoff and I stayed with long-time friends in their apartment on 1st Avenue and I rode the cross-town bus to the Jacob Javitz center where I met Stephanie and we learned the lay of the land together.  I fondly remember our impromptu lunch outside at the nearest hot dog vendor with Amy, Dawn, Julie, Kathy, and Candace.  I was so amazed at the elaborate booths, the fantastic book give-aways, and the terrific opportunity to meet so many authors!  I had high hopes of attending again this year and even pre-registered; but alas, plans fell through.

However....what is a book blogger to do when she can't attend the event in person?  Well, attend the virtual event of course!  I am super excited to be a part of the Armchair BEA festivities.  If you haven't signed up for this online spectacular, there is still time to do so.  While I am not sure who all is behind the scenes of this unique event, I know that I am grateful to each and every one of them for putting in the hours for us to have a great "at home" BEA experience.

I still have a couple of autographed ARCs that I received last year that I hope to give away during the armchair BEA 2010 celebration, so be sure to check back next week for the particulars.

And for those who are attending the real deal, know that I will be there in spirit.  Please have a "dirty water dawg" for me :)


6 comments:

  1. Armchair BEA grew out of a Twitter conversation, and a small group emerged from that to coordinate all the arrangements - they're listed in the sidebar of the blog. (Full disclosure: I'm one of them, and it's been lots of fun!)

    Thanks for the shout-out, Molly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay to Florinda! I haven't decided yet whether to participate in the armchair activities or not. I'll be honest. I'm exhausted. Kids are still in the throes of the end of school, and I'm preparing for a busy summer. I may just wander around and see what everyone is up to. The better option would obviously have been to actually get away. I need to start working NOW on next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry to miss you this year Molly. I don't like boiled hot dogs, but if I see a vendor that grills them, I will gladly have one on your behalf!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be participating in the Armchair BEA and can't wait. It's going to be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sob! I'm so sorry to miss you this year. Save up for next year and enjoy Armchair BEA -- We need to connect some time for a nice IRL (in real life) chat!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails