Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Pity Party......

Warning....Negative Nelly post on its way.

So, I woke up this morning with a headache. I hate that. If I have a headache in the morning it remains with me throughout the entire day. Just now - after 2 excedrin and a bowl of soup, it is finally beginning to fade into the distance.

Well, since the headache prevents me from concentrating on lesson plans, and I really have nothing much to say in the way of an entertaining book blog, I thought perhaps I would take part in the Wordless Wednesday meme (I am not sure who started it - but I can tell you that Beth F has some of the most amazing pictures ever). I decided that I would post a picture of Parliament/Westminster Cathedral that I took on my first trip to London in 2007. I found the picture, pressed the button, and wait.....and wait....and wait......Blogger apparently does not like this particular photo and refuses to upload it. So, I abandon the Wordless Wednesday idea.

I feel guilty for not having blogged in the last couple of days, but there has truly been nothing to blog about. I have bemoaned the fact that I have not had a chance to read anything that I "want" to read because I have so many books that I "have" to read for class. I have even had a difficult time reading those books because for the 4th year in row, my school is experiencing "financial difficulties" and unsure whether payroll can be met for February 15. We have been in this situation many times before, and somehow payroll is always (well, nearly always) met --- but still it is very unsettling. That coupled with the fact that my husband is unemployed (scary to say the least in these economic times) - yet has a greater take home pay for unemployment than I do for prepping/teaching/grading for 8 classes has totally demotivated me to do much of anything.

So there you have it --- my little pity party.

However, as poorly as I may feel now, I do truly realize how blessed I am. Financial times my be tough and uncertain, but we do have a roof over our heads (and a nice roof at that) - we do have food on the table (and I have yet to know hunger) - and we have our health (which is the biggest blessing of all since we do not currently have medical insurance). I have plenty of clothes, lots of heat, and wonderful books to keep me entertained. I have a family who loves me - dogs who adore me - and a fulfilling job that I truly do enjoy.

I will soon pick myself up by my bootstraps, dust myself off - and stop the whining. But for now, I will prepare a cup of tea and dream of a carefree life across the pond where I can view Parliament and Westminster Cathedral anytime I wish.

6 comments:

  1. I totally understand where you're at. MY thoughts are with you and I'm at your p party with you in spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too. Everyone needs a good pity party now and then, especially when you still appreciate all the blessings you do have. Whenever I'm having one of my own I always remind myself that it could be worse. I still need the pity party though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Molly!
    If I had a nickel for every pity party I have had I would be rich! :) You know you are not alone--not that it makes it any easier--but I hope your headache is long gone and you can make it through the rest of your week with a ray of hope. Teaching sure seems to be a thankless job at times and I am sure it is not fun worrying if you will get paid or not on top of all the extra work you put in to be prepared.
    (hugs)
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Venting can be healthy!! And let's face it, sometimes life sucks!! Hoping today is a better one.

    Would love to see your Wordless Wednesday photos. And thanks for the kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Molly,

    Thank you so much for your kind thoughts, they are much appreciated!

    Everyone gets in the dumps sometimes, you turned that into a great post. I hope your headache is long gone now.

    Carey

    ReplyDelete
  6. Financial pressures and hard times are becoming the norm unfortunately... even in this country, people are losing their jobs in large numbers...

    so I send my heartfelt empathies to you, and I praise God that He is faithful to look after His own... how wonderful that His promises aren't dependent on the world's economy...

    Hugs to you...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails