Sunday, January 25, 2009

Many thanks for Undeserved Awards

I have been so very remiss at publicly thanking two wonderful bloggers for recognizing my site with an award. First of all Maria at A Passion for Books honored me with the Premio Dardos Award for the blog which "acknowledges the values that every blogger shows in his/her effort to transmit cultural, ethical, literary and personal values every day." Really?! I am just truly honored that anyone considers my blog capable of transmitting cultural and literary values. In a private note Maria commented that she thought I might be a good candidate for certification in media science. I must say that since reading that suggestion, I have been mulling the idea over and over in my head. I am so grateful to Maria for her generous offer in providing information to help me explore that possibility.

The second award I received was from my first blogging friend - Sheri at a Novel Menagerie. If you haven't visited Sheri's site (and I am sure few of have missed it -- she is quite the blogging social butterfly) -- you absolutely must check it out. Visiting her site for my daily dose of good humor has become as much of a habit as my morning cup of coffee. It is quite ironical, therefore, that Sheri honored me with the "Well Worth Watching" award - since she is at the top of my "well worth watching" list. The award states: This award was created by The Book Zombie. The details of the award are simple. It is for all those blogs you cannot wait to read every day, that you look forward to seeing updates on and that have inspired you in your own blogging!
Again, I am so truly humbled. I find it hard to believe that anyone would find my little "cozy" blog worth reading day after day - but just knowing that one person thinks this way inspires to me to do even better.

In passing along these awards I find myself at a crossroads. I would like to honor others in the same way that I have been honored (and who doesn't need a "pat on the back" every now and then) - while at the same time I do not want to risk leaving anyone out of the circle of recipients. I have truly been blessed by so many of you over these past few weeks. When life isn't going as well as I had hoped, or I have not been able to read my own TBR list as much as I want, I log onto your blogs and I am swept away to a magical place of eloquent book reviews and humorous anecdotes of everyday life (just not my everyday life - which makes it so much more entertaining). I toyed with the idea of listing every blog I follow, but since that is nearing the 100 mark, I thought that would not be such a good idea. So I hereby honor anyone who has ever taken the time to read my blog - and anyone who has ever taken the time to write a blog - these awards. You are ALL truly inspirational as you transmit cultural, ethical, personal, and especially literary values each and every day.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats!! You absolutely deserve these awards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Molly - I'm coming back to visit you and I love your blog! you're going right on my blogroll. And the award looks so much fun! plus i love the little poppets, one of my projects this year is to buy some :-) thank you so much for leaving a comment, I'm really glad to have found you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails