Thursday, January 1, 2009

Good Reads vs Library Thing

In an attempt to become more integrated in the online book blog community, I have investigated both Good Reads and Library Thing. It seems that many of you use the Library Thing website, and I must admit I am tempted to sign up for the "early reviewers" group for a chance at receiving an ARC or two. However, I was just wondering if there are other reasons why you might prefer one site over the other. I am not sure that it is worth my time to maintain accurate lists at both websites, and while I have input more information at the Good Reads site, I am not opposed to switching loyalties mid-stream.

So my question - for the few of you who frequent my site -- is: Which site do you prefer to maintain on a regular basis - Good Reads or Library Thing

I have set up a poll on my sidebar. If you would be so kind as to vote over the next week or so, I will tally them and make my final decision next week.

Thanks for you help!

3 comments:

  1. I really can't comment because I am not familiar with Library Thing. I joined Good Reads on a whim but am not very active on it. I keep thinking I will join in some of the conversations there, but between working, being a mom & wife, reading & other hobbies, blogging and visiting bloggy friends on-line, I find myself short on time! :)
    Plus the idea of getting ARC freaks me out--I definitely don't need more books to read right now! ;)

    I just wanted to say that I gave my 25 and 23 year old kiddos the Father Christmas Letters by Tolkien this year for Christmas! Isn't it the most beautiful book? When money isn't so tight in a couple of months I am going to order copies for my 16 and 13 year olds (and maybe myself!) to give them next year. I am so afraid that book will go out of print before we all get copies.
    Happy New Year!
    *smiles*
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a member of LibraryThing, Good Reads and Shelfari. If I have to pick I would go with Shelfari as no.1. GoodReads and LibraryThing have both their good and bad sides. But GoodReads has more widgets to put on your blog and you have to pay for a membership on Librarything if you want to catalogue more than I think 200 books. On Shelfari and GoodReads you can lists as many books as you want without having to pay and on Shelfari there are many close-knitted groups that you can join, which could also bring more traffic to your blog. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like The Library Thing. Shelfari just didn't work for my blogging platform like TLT did. If you go to my books page, you can see my library from TLT. I like it. I think it' cool.

    Just my personal opinion!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails