Sunday, February 22, 2015

TSS: February 22, 2015


This has been a rare week:  few appointments on the calendar and lots of free time.  I'm not gonna lie, I have LOVED every minute of it.  While I don't have much to show for it, I did begin several projects and promised myself I would learn to enjoy the process rather than focus solely on the outcome. Come to find out... that is beneficial to cultivating DELIGHT in life.

Reading:  While the reading pace has slowed a bit, I am still plugging away at my stack of library books.  I managed to finish:

... and I am about half-way through

Quite a varied list, yes?

I have not yet written the book reviews (although I did develop a manageable review system, I hope), but I have maintained a book journal, where I keep track of pertinent notes and ideas.  I hope to start publishing a few of those later this week.

Writing:  Most of my writing these days is focused on scrapbooks.  I want to complete the family cruise album, but I also had the idea to start a series of digital books.

Many of you may remember the solo trip to Paris I took in July, 2011 (I chronicled the fourteen day event here on the blog).  While I uploaded the 3,500 photos as soon as I got home, I did very little else besides a bit of editing.  I have not done any kind of permanent documentation of the trip, and I feel now is the time.

Originally I thought I could just copy the blog entries into a Shutterfly book and select appropriate photos, but I quickly realized that I want to add the perspective that four years provides.  So I have started to revise those posts in a word document, and then I will conduct the copy-and-paste method.

Europe 2015:  Three weeks from today I leave for a two week trip to Europe with 38 of my closest students and their parents :)  This trip has been about fifteen months in the making, so it still seems more like a dream than a reality.

In preparation for the trip (and a healthier lifestyle) I started walking on the treadmill, which has a dual benefit: helps build endurance and... provides time to view KelbyOne photography videos.  I am currently watching the four videos which focus on travel photography, and then I plan to transition to videos that help me fine-tune my composition skills.


6 comments:

  1. Wow! You're trip is coming right up!

    I was signed up for a travel photography workshop at Shaw Nature Reserve yesterday, but it got cancelled due to the weather. We're going to try again in April.

    Checking out your links to the online photography videos!

    I also bought a book recently -- Travel and Street Photography: From Snapshots to Great Shots by John Batdorff. I haven't read much, yet, but the photos are gorgeous!

    Joy's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joy - I LOVE the From Snapshot to Great Shot series but I have not yet seen this one. Hmmm... I think a trip to Barnes and Noble might be in order :)

    The travel photography workshop at the nature reserve sounds perfect. I should find a list of St. Louis photography activities... I love the area and it isn't so very far from here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to hearing what you thought of A Year of Living Biblically. I read it a few years ago and enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a little envious of your upcoming trip. Enjoy. For all of us.

    readerbuzz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bryan - I thoroughly enjoyed his humorous writing style and attention to detail. I was a bit disappointed in the conclusion, however.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am very envious of your upcoming trip. Will just have to read about it and view the pictures. Sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails