Friday, April 29, 2016

A-Z Challenge: Y is for Yacht

Ok... this might be a stretch. Please bear with me.

I really struggled with a Y entry. There are no Parisian monuments that begin with Y (or none that I know of, anyway). The typical "Y" entries, such as yellow or yak just did not fit. I am not into haute couture, so Yves St. Laurent is not a viable choice.

I really wanted to share the houseboats along the Seine, however, and I thought.... YACHTS.

A brief google search confirmed my belief that this kind of Parisian living is not cheap. But... it is also not as expensive as other areas in town.


But oh... the views! Can you imagine waking up in the morning and looking out the window at the Musee d'Orsay?


Or perhaps going on deck and witnessing the sunrise over the Eiffel Tower?


Well, I can dream, can't I?




14 comments:

  1. Oh I'd love to wake up on a yacht in Paris and see the sun rise over the Eiffel Tower! Yes I guess it's ok to dream! We are closing in on the end of the race - what's next?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking the same thing! I've really enjoyed this challenge, and want to continue the momentum.

      Delete
  2. Lovely thoughts! I think it would be fun to live in a yacht for a short time just to be able to see different sights. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I think to travel and sleep in the same space would be a great way to see some special sites.

      Delete
  3. I don't know if I would want to live on a boat, but the views sure would be nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah... I think the constant movement would give me problems.

      Delete
  4. My favorite one of the series so far! Some folks are living on boats in places like NYC and San Francisco as it's a lot cheaper than renting an apartment. Imagine living on a boat in Paris though - now that would be amazing!

    Cheers - Ellen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not surprised this one is your favorite post :) and Yes... living on a boat in the middle of the Seine in Paris would be absolutely amazing!

      Delete
  5. A boat... I've travelled to England quite often in the last years and there are this longboats floating on the rivers. While walking by I had the same thoughts and dreams as you had there next to the boats in Paris.

    ClaoWue
    from
    Potpourri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't mind staying on a boat on the Thames :)

      Delete
  6. Yes, it would be so much fun. Something I'd want to do with my hubby without the kid. One can dream. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes... I think as a couple would be best :)

      Delete
  7. Now that I think about it, I remember seeing this dwellings in a Simenon tv series. I didn't realise people normally live on them.
    Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to meet one of the owners and interview them. What led them to live on the Seine (and could I follow in their footsteps)... :)

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails