Wednesday, April 27, 2016

A-Z Challenge: W is for Windowsills

Let me begin this post with a confession.

I am not the romantic in our marriage. My husband, the Italian, is the amorous one.

He's tried numerous times to give me flowers - special occasion or not. But while I appreciate the sentiment, I fail miserably to show appreciation. I forget to put them in a vase... I forget to water them... I forget they need to be by a window for sunlight.

After a decade of marriage we decided the way to my heart is with a practical gift - like filling my tank with gas.


However, I wonder if living a few months in Paris would cure me of this deficiency.

The French treat windows with the utmost respect. They adorn the outside with colorful flowers, and the inside with intricate sheers.

The beauty of windowsills is what makes Paris - Paris, to me.

I took numerous photos of these colorful expressions of the tenants' personality. I hope you enjoy.

So simple, yet beautiful

LOVE these puppies

Les moulins avec les fleurs...

Dilapidated shutters rejuvenated with a bit of pink

Gorgeous!

10 comments:

  1. I love flowerboxes in windows. So pretty to look at when you're walking down the street.

    Cheers - Ellen | thecynicalsailor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed... I had to be careful on several occasions not to run into something because I was too busy looking up at the window boxes :)

      Delete
  2. I so relate to this. My wife and I both tend to lean toward practicality. I fix her meals, put gas in her car, and go places with her when she doesn't want to go alone. Our idea of romantic "outings" is eating out, watching a movie at home on weekends, and best of all--road trips.

    Nice windows!

    Arlee Bird
    A to Z Challenge Co-host
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree! The best date night is to order in pizza and watch a movie in our own living room :)

      We look forward to that day when we can spontaneously road-trip without worry about a work schedule.

      Delete
  3. What beautiful flowers on the windowsills. I like to see that, makes them look so inviting. I wrote about Water. http://themarthareview.com/w-is-for-water/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes... they are inviting :) I would love to meet the people who match the beautiful flowers.

      Delete
  4. (Your) Windowsills are great!

    ClaoWue
    from
    Potpourri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such old world charm. :) My husband is Italian too, but somehow, he missed out on that romantic gene. Oh well, I'm not overly inclined that way either, so it works out. We do love taking road trips together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful pictures. So charming!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails