Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Teaser Tuesday: 3.9.10



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

My Teaser:

This was a cruel trick of the mind, yes, but Teddy had long ago accepted the logic of it - waking, after all, was an almost natal state.  You surfaced without a history, then spent the blinks and yawns reassembling your past, shuffling the shards into chronological order before fortifying yourself for the present.
 ~ page 20 in Shutter Island by Dennis Lehane.




12 comments:

  1. ENJOY--it is a good one, and be sure to see the movie as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is a very provocative teaser!

    Here's mine:

    http://rainysnowday.wordpress.com/2010/03/09/teaser-tuesdays-3/

    ReplyDelete
  3. great teaser, but I'm pretty sure I'd be to chicken to read it. Kaye-the road goes ever ever on

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's on my list of books to read, because I really want to see the movie. :) Good teaser.

    Feel free to check out my teaser at Find the Time to Read

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read this a couple of weeks ago since I wanted to see the movie but didn't want to wait too long, and LOVED it. The movie is pretty good, too but of course, doesn't live up to the book. However, if you go with someone who didn't read the book (like I did with my husband), they will probably enjoy the movie more than you, since they won't know what's coming.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tease! I've read good reviews for both the book and movie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great teaser. Some good writing in that.

    Mine is here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know I couldn't read this one before going to sleep. Have a good week and happy reading. My teaser is here

    ReplyDelete
  9. My almost-14-year-old wants to see the film, so I'll be adding SHUTTER ISLAND to my TBR soon. Although, at the rate we see movies, we'll likely view it on DVD (I've got some time to get it read!)

    With your teaser, I'm afraid even the book might give me nightmares!

    ReplyDelete
  10. NOt my type of book, but I might be willing to see the movie. Enjoy your book. Here'smine.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh, that's very intriguing! I made the wrong decision to watch the movie first, because we were looking for a thriller to see.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great teaser...makes me want to grab this one!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails