Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Wordless Wednesday: St. Louis Zoo

I thought I would post a couple of my favorite pictures taken last week at the St. Louis Zoo.  Admission to the zoo is free and this is one of those times when the adage "You get what you pay for" is NOT appropriate.  It is a GREAT zoo and I hope to return several more times!


Most of the other 'cats' were sleeping....

Prairie Dog - adorable!!

He truly is the most regal animal

This bird spent hours primping to look like this!
I LOVE penguins -- could have spent hours watching them play

13 comments:

  1. I am amazed how many free zoos you guys have in America. We don't have any free over here. Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great photos! We have a fantastic zoo here too, but unfortunately, it's most definitely not free :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing free going on in Orlando. Everybody's got their hands out. I remember going to this zoo when I was a kid. There is so much to do in that city.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love living in St. Louis. The Science Center is also free. And I don't know how old your kids are, but the Magic House (though not free) is AMAZING. Can't wait till my niece and nephew come to town so I can go there again :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great photos Molly; I need a zoo trip --looks fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super photos, Molly. Love the penguins!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great series. I need to take some time to visit the zoo next time I'm in a city that has one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I went to a zoo a couple of weeks ago, also free, but not quite as big as the one in St.Louis. Still nice, and maybe the subject of next weeks WW. No penguins though...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good photos! I'm a fan of the penguins too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great zoo photos! I have a couple that I'm going to post on Sunday from our trip to the DC zoo, but I don't know if they turned out as good as yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that lion photo! And how neat that the zoo is free!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want a penguin for a pet so bad. LOL. I have a huge bathtub. :P

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails