I know I have shared about the new creative writing class I will be teaching next fall, so I won't bore you with those details again. Suffice it to say that I have been giving considerable thought to a story idea. I developed one idea - and I still think I will write it someday - but that novel is more character centered and the required writing we are suppose to do for this class is an adventure story (plot driven). Without giving the story away (for fear that others would find it silly, boring, unoriginal), I will tell you that it is somewhat inspired from such books as From the Mixed-up Files of Mrs. Basil Frankweiler by E. L. Konigsburg, and Inkheart by Cornelia Funke.
- From Monet to Van Gogh: A History of Impressionism - DVD from the Teaching Company. Lecture given by Professor Richard Brettell
- Eye on Art: Impressionism by Peggy J. Parks
- Monet and the Impressionists for Kids by Carol Sabbeth
- What Makes a Degas a Degas? by Richard Muhlberger
- Getting to know the World's Greatest Artists: Edgar Degas by Mike Venezia
- A Weekend with Degas by Rosabianca Skira-Venturi
- Gustave Caillebotte by Kirk Varnedoe
- Chasing Degas by Eva Montanari
- DK Eyewitness Books: Impressionism by Jude Welton
- DK Eyewitness Books: Manet by Patricia Wright
- Degas and the Dance by Susan Goldman Rubin
- Impressionists by Antonia Cunningham
- Impressionism by Richard Brettell
My thought is to do some preliminary research before summer and then (hopefully) I will have the opportunity to catch the EuroStar to Paris for a weekend and spend some quality time at the Musee d'Orsay doing more research in person. That is the dream anyway!
Thank you Eva and Marg for hosting one of my favorite weekly memes! What would I do without my local library?