Friday, September 18, 2009

The ABCs of Me

As I was browsing the blogs last weekend, I came across this fun, quick meme at Melissa's Bookshelf, and while she didn't tag me to participate, I have decided to borrow this wonderful post idea for my last BBAW entry. While there is a simple list of rules to follow (most self-explanatory), I will choose not to tag anyone in particular for this meme, but encourage anyone who would like to use it, to do so.

Here it goes --- the ABCs of me:

Available or Married? Married for 27 years!

Best Friend? Hard to say....I have a few very close friends. Otherwise, I am an extreme introvert

Cake or Pie? Pie, definitely --- and preferably a fruit pie (I figure it is somewhat healthy if it contains fruit, right?)

Drink of Choice? Coffee in the morning; iced tea in the afternoon; chardonnay or a cup of tea at night (and yes, I feel very guilty that I have not mentioned water)

Essential item for everyday use? my watch -- I am totally lost if I forget to put it on in the morning.

Favorite color? sage green

Google? Isn't that an essential part of life --- like air and water? Truthfully, I could not do my job if it weren't for Google

Hometown? Houston, TX until I was 12; Weston, CT until I was married

Indulgences? I don't allow myself to do it very often, but I absolutely LOVE massages! The rest of the time I relieve my stress by going to the Half Price Bookstore at least once a week (and since we have 4 within driving distance, I very often go more than once a week) and try to find a great bargain!

January or February? February -- not only is it the shortest month of year, but there is a national holiday too!

Kids and their names? Megan is 23; Brian is almost 21; Mandy will be 16 next week.

Life is incomplete without..... my 3 yellow labs welcoming me home

Marriage date? June 26, 1982

Number of siblings? 1 younger brother, Rodger

Oranges or Apples? Apples --- I cannot peel an orange to save my life

Phobias and Fears? to quote Jim Stafford --- "I don't like spiders or snakes"

Quote of the day? I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me (Phil. 4:13)

Reason to smile? Snow days (teachers like them more than students - believe me!)

Season? Fall --- I love the crisp air; I love wearing fall turtlenecks and sweaters; I love the colors of fall: orange and rusts, goldenrod and cinnamon, scarlet and eggplant; I love the family holiday of Thanksgiving, complete with the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and the start of the Christmas season.

Tag 3 people? I promised not to tag any one in particular for this meme. If you are interested in participating, then consider yourself tagged.

Unknown fact about me? I considered majoring in music and becoming a music teacher. I took 7 years of piano and about 10 years of flute.

Vegetable you hate? Brussel Sprouts!!!!

Worst habit? I am sure my family can answer this question better than I can. I would say that my worst habit is that I am a perfectionist -- and in turn, expect others to be the same. Or maybe that I am prone to forget about my clothes in the dryer and others have to empty it for me OR I have to fluff them because they have sat so long and become wrinkled.

X-rays you've had? numerous chest x-rays when I was in elementary school. They thought I had tuberculosis (although the x-rays always came back negative)

Your favorite food? Pizza or Chipotle, I can't decide

Zodiac sign? Sagittarius


Well, there you have it.

Even though I have not posted as much as I had hoped this week (I have spent approximately 20 hours this week just grading papers!! It is insane) ---- I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your blog entries, and finding new blog friends. Amy truly out did herself this year!

I think the next big event to look forward to in the blogosphere is the 24 hour Read-a-Thon the weekend of October 24 - 25, 2009 and I already have it marked on my calendar! How about you, will you join us for some great, concentrated reading time and book loving fellowship?

12 comments:

  1. This is such a fun meme -- I am not the person in my house who leaves clothes in the dryer.... that person shall remain nameless!

    I am looking forward to the read-a-thon, too! My big decision will be cheer or read... Hummmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish you were still in Houston--we could do a Texas Book Bloggers meet up. I don't know of any other bloggers in my area except Marie Burton. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I chuckled when I read snow days because as a child I thought teachers just loved school!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have quite a few things in common!

    Sage green is my fave color. I love Chipotle too...much more than my family does and I am utterly lost without my watch and this week the battery went hooey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sage green is my favorite, too, and I ALWAYS wear a watch! Just realized the read-a-thon falls on parent's weekend at my daughter's college. Looks like I'll miss it again :-(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh now I'm jealous... I only have 3 Half Price Bookstores within driving distance :) Isn't that just the best place to go hang out. And, bummer, I am going to be out of town during the Read-a-thon. That is such a fun event. Ah well, maybe in the Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this meme! I had fun doing mine a week or two ago. We have some things in common it seems! I can't believe you are introvert though. You come across so warm and friendly. I suppose that is the beauty of the internet, right?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay--I always knew there was a reason I like you!
    Clothes left in the dryer--that would be me.

    Sagittarius--me too.

    Married in 1982--me too. In fact yesterday was our 27th anniversary!

    Great fun reading your answers. I did a fun meme last night, using titles of books that I have read this year!
    *smiles*
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  9. Four Half-Price Bookstores? I think I'd end up spending half my paycheck there if it were handier!

    Me, too, with 27 yrs married. Me, too, with 3 kids. Me, too, with the whole can't peel an orange thing. And my family is always complaining about me being a perfectionist (well, that and a control freak!).

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your answers, Molly! I'm going to do this meme, I think. Though I'm not sure what to answer for the winter months, I don't like either of those months, really! I love the fall, I'm so happy it's here!!! I love hearing about your music, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Molly,
    Just looking over your blog, very entertaining, thanks for that. Read your comment on "Beg, Steal or Borrow" regarding reading about how authors came to write books. Something I like to read too, since my journey to becoming a writer started quite late in life and was something I never expected to do until the idea came to me out of the blue six years ago. I'm writing that story on my blog at the moment, so have a look (if you are interested) Any comments you have would be welcome.
    Have a good one,
    Steve Jones Snr

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's so great to get to know you better. Your answers were unique because, well, I guess you are unique. I was surprised about where you have lived. I figured you for Kansas all the way. I'm really looking forward to the Read-A-Thon also. It was so much fun last time.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails