Saturday, May 23, 2009

Blushing blogger

I have been so very fortunate to be the recipient of several blog awards over the past couple of weeks. I have not been very cordial in publicly thanking those who were kind of enough to give me an award, and I apologize. The end of the school year is always more hectic than I ever anticipate, and time just got away from me. Without further ado, however, let me share my heartfelt appreciation to the award givers....and let me pay forward the gift to a few fellow bloggers.

The first award I need to acknowledge is from my dear friend, Susan, at You Can Never Have Enough Books. Susan and I completed a mini challenge together in March and my reading life has been greatly enriched by that experience. This award signifies a blog that cares -- and I truly cherish the fact that Susan senses my caring spirit through the words I write. 'The only requirement for this award is that you shared it with whomever you like, sharing the love is always a good thing. The blog has to show only one characteristic, caring. So, start sharing this enchanted award with five other bloggers. Let your bloggers know they have received this enchanted award. (Remember, fairies are fickle wee things, don't incur their displeasure by ignoring their gift). '

I would like to share this award with the following bloggers because their dedication to the blogging community is clearly evident:
  1. Kittling: Books (love her Scene of the Blog and Weekly Link Round Up posts)
  2. Bookin' with Bingo (her prize giveaways are amazing)
  3. Ms. Bookish (her weekly list of all book giveaways in the blogosphere is amazing)
  4. Semicolon (her weekly Saturday Review post is a goldmine of book possibilities)
  5. Just One More Page (her Musing Monday meme asks such thought-provoking questions)
  6. The Printed Page (I only wish I could participate more often in her Mailbox Monday post)
  7. A Novel Challenge (this is the quintessential blog to find a book reading challenge)
  8. Weekly Geeks (another great thought-provoking question each week)
  9. Maw Books (she faithfully posts the NYT best seller lists every week)
  10. Melissa's Bookshelf (you MUST read her fabulous blogger tips)

The next award that I received was the "You Don't Say" award -- with the most adorable Panda Bear button! This award acknowledges those who frequently comment on the others' blogs. Sheri from A Novel Menagerie and Melissa of Melissa's Bookshelf both bestowed me with this terrific honor. As you all know, we bloggers CRAVE comments as it is our barometer that what we say has meaning to others.

There are few bloggers that I would like to acknowledge as exceptional in this regard. They are as follows:
  1. Kathy of Bermuda Onion's weblog
  2. Beth of Beth Fish Reads
  3. Kaye of Pudgy Penguin Perusals
  4. Bonnie of Red Lady's Reading Room
  5. Anne of Diary of an Eccentric
  6. Margot of Joyfully Retired
  7. Ti of Book Chatter and Other Stuff

Fleur Fisher finds me friendly (how's that for alliteration?) and I am deeply touched. I am a shy person in the real world, and oftentimes viewed as stand-offish rather than friendly - so it is especially nice to know that I can communicate affability in the blogging world.

I can honestly say that every blogger with whom I have come in contact is friendly, so it is very difficult to single out a few to pass along this award. I will, however, take the time to honor a certain few always seem to have a kind word to say or tweet -- or who have been instrumental in helping me with my initial blogging experience:
  1. Sheri of A Novel Menagerie (so helpful when I first started blogging)
  2. Natasha of Classic Vasilly (always has a hello for me on twitter)
  3. Kim of Page after Page (always signs her encouraging comments *smile*)
  4. Marta at Marta's Meanderings (a friendly twitter with a friendly blog to match)
  5. Shannon at Shannon Loves Books (a twitter friend who shares a love of "clean" literature)
  6. Stephanie at Stephanie's Written Word (volunteered to organize all the BEA attendees)
  7. Robin at A Fondness for Reading (volunteered to help me with my first challenge)
  8. JoAnn at Lakeside Musing (we are in similar stages in life and I can relate to her so well)
  9. Jenners at Find Your Next Book Here (I just see her name and a smile comes to my face)
  10. Dawn at She is Too Fond of Books (another twitter friend and BEA organizer)
The Book Resort honored me with her Splash award: What is a Splash Award ? It is an award given to alluring, amusing, bewitching, impressive & inspiring blogs. My family is probably reading this description and asking, "who are they talking about?!" Not sure they would use the words alluring or bewitching to describe me :) --- but I am very grateful for this fantastical award.

The blogs that I think are worthy of this "bewitching" award because of their deep love for the fantasy genre of literature include:
  1. Nymeth of Things Mean a Lot
  2. Chris of Stuff as Dreams are Made on....
  3. DesLily of Here, There and Everywhere
  4. Susan of You Can Never Have Enough Books
The final award that I have been fortunate to receive is the Lovely Blog award from Karen at The Pink Bookmark. I think the button is appropriate to the award -- it is quite lovely. I found Karen's blog during the readathon event and have really enjoyed reading her insightful comments.

I thought I would pass along this award to the few bloggers I know who have recently converted their blog to their own domain. I simply cannot imagine the work and skill necessary to accomplish such a feat - and their new blogs are indeed lovely. For those who have done this and I am unaware, please forgive my oversight and know how much I admire your efforts!
  1. Bethany of Dreadlock Girl
  2. Chris of Stuff as Dreams are Made on

26 comments:

  1. Awesome awarding going on here! So well deserved, Molly.

    And thanks so much for passing one of these along to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Molly! And thank you for my adorable enchanted award. I am now a follower and am adding you to my blog roll. I looked over your blog and can't believe I haven't been here before. What a super blog you have. It just goes to show that even if we had all the time in the world, we would never get to see all the wonderful creative work that is out here...thanks again and have a super weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Molly! And congrats for winning all those awards, you deserve them! :-)

    Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Molly! Your blog is fantastic, so I'm not surprised you got all those awards. Thanks for thinking of me to pass one along to. I'm really flattered!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your awards, and thank you so much for awarding me the Friendly Blogger award! What a nice way to start out the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your well-deserved awards, and thanks for passing the Friendly Blogger award on to me! Hope you have a great Memorial Day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not just friendly, but fantastically fabulous! Whoa, don't you just love alliteration? Thank you so much Molly for passing on the "You don't say" award. He is truly an adorable bear. I always look forward to anything you post. Have a nice holiday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!! It's an award bonanza! All very thoughtful and well deserved. Thank you for passing on the "You Don't Say" award to me. I really enjoy visiting your blog and commenting is really important to me so I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations, Molly, on an array of well deserved awards. Thanks for passing one along to me. It means a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks BabyCakes!

    I want you to know that I do subscribe to your blog and still read nearly all of your posts. I'm not the best "commentor" even though I'm reading and lurking!

    Hugs.

    Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bravo Molly! What a lot of love you have received!
    Thanks for passing some of that love on to me.
    *smiles*
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on all of your very well deserved awards Molly!!! Your blog is one of my favorites and you have such a positive spirit that shines through in your writing. Thank you very much for the "You don't Say" award!! I am honored and you've made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on the well-deserved awards, Molly! And thank you so much for including me :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Me again Molly...I just wanted to comment on a comment you left on my blog earlier...
    You MUST see Schindler's List--even if it is after you read the book. The visual aspects of that film are stunning, and after watching it for the first time many years ago, my husband looked at me and said, "This is one movie all our children must see." He had never said that before or since about any other movie.

    While it is a sickening period of history, and we automatically think of the sick people who orchestrated those events when we hear the words WWII or Holocaust, I have found through mostly books, how there were so many good people too--those are the stories I like to find.

    *smiles*
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so much! I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awww, thanks so much Molly :D And you put me in such great company! All of those awards that were given to you were extremely well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations on the awards, Molly! You definitely deserve 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on all the well-deserved awards!!! And thank you for thinking of my blog!! I totally appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW you got so many wonderful awards!! They are so pretty, and you sure do deserve them.

    Thank you so much for passing one on to me! Your words are very kind (here and in the comments you left on my blog) and it is a HUGE encouragement to me. Thank you, I really appreciate your sweetness.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you so very much, Molly, and congratulations on all your well-deserved awards!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you so much! And congratulations on your awards!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats on all your blog awards! Thank you for thinking of The Printed Page. I love my 'Your Blog is Enchanted' award.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congrats on the much-deserved awards! And thanks for passing one on to me. That means a lot. :)

    See you at BEA!

    --Anna
    Diary of an Eccentric

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congratulations on these awards, Molly! It was so great to meet you at BEA over the weekend; wonderful how your spirit shows in your posts (as you pointed out in your re-cap, it seems the online personalities are the real deal for all the bloggers we met!)

    Thank you for sharing an award with me!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Molly - my apologies in how belated my thanks are to you for acknowledging A Novel Challenge for the Enchanted Award!! I've posted about it today here.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails