I have signed up for the Cozy Mystery Challenge, hosted by Kris at Not Enough Books, and the specific rules can be found at her site. Essentially, the challenge runs from April 1 to September 30 (6 months) and I must read 6 cozy mysteries in that time frame. The mysteries can be read one a month - all 6 in one month - or any combination in between. Up to 4 of the cozies can count towards other challenges; she only requests that 2 be exclusive to this challenge. While the following list is certainly subject to change (mostly because I read Lesa's Book Critiques every day and I am constantly adding to my wish list)......here are my initial 6 --- all are currently sitting on my bookshelves just waiting for me to read them:
- Catering to Nobody by Diane Mott Davidson
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder by Joanne Fluke
- On What Grounds by Cleo Coyle
- The Ghost and Mrs. McClure by Alice Kimberly
- Gunpowder Green by Laura Childs
- Bookmarked for Death by Lorna Barrett
So how about you? Are you a fan of cozy mysteries? Have you never read one but think you might like them? Go ahead and sign up for the challenge today. What have you got to lose?