Friday, June 4, 2010

Winner: Novel Destinations

With the help of Random.org a winner has been selected for the autographed copy of Novel Destinations.

In order to be entered to win, I asked participants to name the one "novel destination" they would most like to visit.  The most frequently mentioned place was Prince Edward Island, home of the beloved Anne of Green Gables books (5 mentions).  Other frequent mentions included various places in England (we have some fans of Jane Austen, the Bronte sisters, Agatha Christie, and Sherlock Holmes), Guerensy Island received 4 mentions, and Charleston was mentioned by two different people.



I had a total of 29 people enter the give-away (thanks so very much!) and the lucky winner is #21:

Mrs. DeRaps 

She indicated that she loves John Steinbeck and for that reason her novel destination would be Cannery Row.  I have only read Of Mice and Men, but there are several Steinbeck novels that I would love to read someday.  Perhaps she can provide a read-along in the future and help us appreciate his fine writing style (*hint hint*).

Congratulations to the winner - and once again, thank you all for participating.
(please note:  (I apologize for the lack of graphics in this post - but for some reason blogger will not allow me to add a photo at this time...ugh!)

I plan to offer another BEA give-away in the fall that will coordinate with Carl's RIP Challenge.  I hope you will feel free to come back and enter that contest as well.

2 comments:

  1. I'd be happy to post about John Steinbeck. I read aloud from Of Mice and Men every year when I teach it! Students love it and I think it's a "perfect" novel--Not one word missing and not one word extra!

    Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent contest! Great idea! And, I loved that the winner was Steinbeck-ian so much that I wrote this blog, referencing your contest: http://semioriginalthought.blogspot.com/2010/06/pork-and-beans-with-ketchup.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails