Tuesday, October 18, 2016

The Old North Church X 6

THE Old North Church
It is no surprise that I fell in love with Boston.

Now that I've been home for a couple of weeks, I've had a chance to process and analyze this love-affair, and I think I have determined its source. Boston perfectly embodies the convenience of a metropolitan city while maintaining small town charm. In addition, its prominent role in American history adds to the appeal.

My husband was able to join me for the last few days of the visit, and we enjoyed exploring the Harbor, the green spaces, and the North End. His bucket list items, however, were to see Paul Revere's House and the Old North Church.

I guess he was really excited to see the Old North Church because anytime we passed a historical  building (and there were many), Geoff would ask if that was the Old North Church. It became comical after a while and by the end of the trip, we counted six of them all over Boston.

I thought it might be fun to share these rare finds with you.




Old North Church #2
(aka New North Church)

also known as St. Stevens Church

Old North Church #3
(aka Park Street Church)

Granary Burial Ground is adjacent to it
Boston's 3rd oldest cemetery

Old North Church #4
(aka Old South Meeting House)

organizing point for the Boston Tea Party


Old North Church #5
(aka Trinity Church)

across Dartmouth Street from Boston Public Library
surrounded by fabulous Farmer's Market


Old North Church #6
(aka Old South Church)

across Boylston Street from Boston Public Library






3 comments:

  1. I love traveling and see cool places like this. I have this church in a Department 56 Christmas village. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always wanted to own a Department 56 village, but somehow never got around to staring the collection :)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful photos of the churches. Now I know which one is The North Church. thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails